When the Conservative Mennonite Conference was organized in 1910, one of five basic concerns was "how to best spread the gospel in accordance with the Word of God." Four years later, a children's home was established. A mission board was appointed in 1919. Mission vision and activity quickly expanded during World War II when young men began moving to various locations to fulfill alternative service obligations. An active voluntary service program opened doors to establish churches at several locations.

In 1946 the Conference mission board, known as the Conservative Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities (CMBMC) began mission work in eastern Kentucky. The first overseas work began in Germany in 1951, and Costa Rica was RMM's beachhead into Latin America in 1961. In the early 1980s, personnel from RMM began serving in Asian countries in the part of the world known as the 10/40 window.

The CMBMC office relocated to Rosedale, Ohio in 1964, and CMBMC later adopted the shortened trade name of Rosedale Mennonite Missions. The central offices of RMM had their beginning in one small office in the home of a missions administrator. The main office is now located in a separate office building. SEND Ministries, the short-term department, operates mostly out of RMM’s training facility in Columbus, the Rosedale International Center.

 


our mission


Rosedale Mennonite Missions · 2120 E 5th Ave · Columbus OH 43219 · info@rmmoffice.org